Opiate Treatment in Austin
Your Partner in Comprehensive, Personalized Opiate Addiction Treatment in Austin
The specter of opioid addiction looms large over the United States, casting a shadow of despair and devastation across countless communities. Alarmingly, this issue has grown to such an extent that nearly 75% of drug overdose deaths in 2020 involved an opioid.
As the nation grapples with this escalating crisis, understanding its nuances, origins, and potential solutions becomes paramount. Delving into the world of opioids, we’ll shed light on its commonly abused forms, the signs of addiction, its negative repercussions, and the hope that institutions like Crestone Wellness bring to this somber landscape.
What are Opiates?
Opiates, derivatives of the opium poppy, have long been acknowledged for their pain-relieving prowess. But beyond the medical jargon, they’re the very substances that can grip a person, ensnaring them in a cycle of dependence and drug abuse. Whether it’s heroin addiction or the more commonly prescribed codeine, the implications are manifold.
- Oxycodone (OxyContin, Percocet): Often prescribed for moderate to severe pain, this opioid has a high potential for abuse, given its ability to produce a euphoric high.
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin): Typically combined with acetaminophen, it’s prescribed for pain relief. Its widespread availability has made it a common drug of misuse.
- Morphine: Derived directly from the opium poppy, it’s a potent pain reliever often used in medical settings, especially for severe pain post-surgery or for cancer-related pain.
- Codeine: Usually found in some prescription cough syrups and in combination with other pain relievers, codeine is a milder opioid, but when consumed in large quantities or mixed with other substances, its potential for misuse grows.
- Fentanyl: This synthetic opioid is 50-100 times more potent than morphine. While it has legitimate medical uses, such as treating severe pain, its potency makes it extremely dangerous if misused or mixed with other drugs.
- Heroin: Derived from morphine, heroin is an illegal opioid known for its intense euphoria. Due to its illicit nature, users often don’t know the actual composition of the drug they’re consuming, elevating the risk of overdose.
- Carfentanil: An analog of fentanyl, it’s an astonishing 10,000 times more potent than morphine. Used as an elephant tranquilizer, even minute amounts can be lethal in humans.
- Synthetic Opioids: Apart from fentanyl, there are other synthetic opioids available on the street, often mixed with other drugs, enhancing the risk of adverse effects.
Opiate Treatment in Austin
Recognizing Opioid Use Disorder: The Symptoms
Awareness is the first step to intervention, and understanding the symptoms of opioid use disorder is crucial for timely assistance.
Crestone Wellness is committed to guiding individuals from the clutches of substance use disorders and opioid addiction, leveraging expertise, and compassion for holistic recovery. If you or a loved one is exhibiting these symptoms, don’t wait. Reach out and embark on the path to recovery.
What People Say About Us
Crestone has such a wonderful atmosphere that is not a hospital feeling. The staff is experienced, caring and dedicated to a comfortable client experience. I strongly recommend seeking help here!
This facility is truly essential for the community. Their staff is extremely knowledgable, the whole facility is comfortable, and the program is the perfect length of time and care. You're going to find everything you need here to get back on your feet.
I cannot thank Crestone Wellness enough. Addiction had taken over my life again and I was completely hopeless, but from my very first phone call with one of the owners, to the staff admitting and taking care of me on a daily basis, to my post treatment follow up calls, I experienced nothing but authentic patience, love, and support.
Why Crestone Wellness Stands Out
Unwavering Mission and Vision
Crestone isn’t just another rehab treatment facility. We dream of a world free from addiction’s chains, and every step we take is toward making this vision a reality.
Advanced Recovery Facilities
Think of a sanctuary that’s both a refuge and a recovery hub. Our facility blends the serenity crucial for healing with advanced medical amenities, creating the perfect rehab program and recovery environment.
Expertise You Can Trust
Our team brings together years of expertise, dedication, and an unwavering commitment to every patient’s physical and mental well-being.
What to Expect at Crestone
A Glimpse into Our Treatment Protocols
Comprehensive Assessment and Diagnosis
Every individual is unique, and so is their journey with opiates. We delve deep, understanding the root, the triggers, and the impact, crafting a roadmap tailored just for you to treat your specific substance use disorder.
Detox, while essential, can be daunting. At Crestone, we alleviate the apprehensions, offering monitored detox programs that prioritize patient safety and comfort as they experience withdrawal symptoms.
Healing is multi-dimensional. Thus, our rehab treatment integrates physical therapies, psychological counseling, group sessions, and holistic practices like yoga and meditation.
Ongoing Aftercare Support
The road to recovery doesn’t end with treatment completion. Our aftercare programs, ranging from counseling to community engagements, ensure you remain fortified against relapses.
The complexity of opioid addiction lies in its multi-faceted grip – it doesn’t merely ensnare the body but entangles the mind and spirit. However, as dark and challenging as the path might seem, hope is never truly out of reach.
From customized rehab and treatment programs to ongoing support, we are committed to not only helping individuals break free from the chains of drug addiction but also to thrive in their newfound freedom.
If you or someone you know is grappling with opioid addiction, remember that the shadows, no matter how long, always yield the light. With Crestone Wellness by your side, the journey from darkness to dawn is possible, promising, and within reach. Contact us today to learn more about our treatment facility and programs.
Help & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
We integrate both modern and traditional therapies in our opioid addiction treatment, ensuring holistic healing of physical and mental health.
Yes, at our drug rehab center, we understand the importance of familial bonds through drug addiction and substance abuse treatment and offer family therapy sessions to mend and strengthen relationships.
It varies, but our treatment center’s comprehensive drug treatment programs typically range from weeks to months, depending on individual needs.